Bugger i've gone and develped manflu. Its been going round the house and the kids have all had it. Wed night it started with a bit of a sore throat, yesterday it got worse, I was staving it off with hot milk & honey, and liberal doses of cough medicine. Then by 10.30 I was slowing down so I took myself off to bed and popped a couple of Co-codamols in a effort to knock me out.
Only it didn't really work, by 1am I was wide awake, by 2 asleep, 3 awake, and so on and so on, till 7.30 this morning where I feel like death.
I had to phone the ex and explain that I couldn't have the kids this weekend as, I'm not well enough to do a 400 mile round trip tonight and another one on sunday. Double bollocks as I haven't seen my kids for a month now and was looking forward to it, But at the end of the day I have to be honest with myself and weigh up, the pros and cons of seeing my kids agaisnt, pasing this infection on to them and possibly havving a accident on the journey.
And now I've lost my appitite!!! this NEVER happens. I took a trip to the town center this morning and am doped up on Pulmo Bailey cough medicine and Sandersons throat specific, both very Victorian sounding medicines but they work.
And then It was Wills class assembly, I got there, wathed the assebley and then zoned out when the hall was emptying of kids! Embarrasing Yup.
I feel like i'm underwater, everthing is fuzzy and out of focus, Yet underwaer should be relaxing rather than this stiff ache in my shoulders.
On the positive side all I've had to eat today is a natural yogurt with a spoonfull of honey in it.
Every cloud and all that.
No comments:
Post a Comment