Sunday, 25 October 2009

Spreading swine flu to the north,

On friday Wills was off school feeling ill. We followed the "procedures" and didn't take him to the Docs just kept a eye on him. Till his temp spiked at 40' when we called the Docs back and took him in.
Yes its swine flu.
So I phoned my Ex straight away as I was due to travel up and see my Kids. She still wanted me to come up, Fair enough-just letting her know.
I had arranged to spend some time with the Otters of Stockport, and seeing as they have a 5 year old daughter, Phoned them and let them know that I might be spreading a infectious lurgy.
They were fine about it too.
So I went up to Cheshire and Stockport, Picked up my kids and we all went for a hour out at Lyme Park-somewhere I've never been to, Its fab a good place for a day out/picinic/walk around with a couple of Follys, a Hutning lodge and lots of moorland, a great place to do Magic too, but from the feel of the place I guess I wouldnt be the first.
Slight disaster on the way back as the Eldest slipped in the rain and ripped his 2 day old tracksuit bottoms, Opps. He wasn't upset tho. (These nylon tracsuit trousers that Kids wear they not half as robust as a good pair of jeans and they cost a fourtune...)
Back to the Otters for a meal, and then a play with their new and as yet unnamed Kittens while they showed their new toy off, a Netbook, With one working in IT the house looks like the set off the Gaget show.
Started back at 9 and after dropping the kids off hit J16 of the M6 at 10.30ish. Oh what fun! the M6 allways is!!
I got in just beofre 3 (or 2 because of the clocks going back) 448 miles travelld. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment