Like about 60% of the population we have joined a Gym in the new year. Before everone strarts rolling their eyes and going "ohh yeah" , This was orgainsed in December by the GP as a referral.
First session I scared myself at how unfit I am, Or unfit in certain areas, I can still walk for miles and miles, but I have lost so much upper body strengh though lack of exersie and quite a lot of Aerobic fitness has gone.
I'm appoaching this training from several angles.
1. Fitness, yes I need to improve it, like I say scared at how much I had lost.
2. Tacking my anxiety and depression, I'm attempting to use fitness and gym tranining instead of going on a course of anti depresseants. I'm not depressed (as such) but I had a warning last October and because of my lifelstyle its something that I do need to keep a eye on.
3. From a Magical Perspective, tied in with not wanting to go on the Antidpressants (as they can affect Magical skills). But a healthy body/healthy mind connection is made all through Ritual Magic texts, from Ephilas Levi through Crowley and Regardie.
So all in all three good reasons to keep on with the beastings.
No comments:
Post a Comment