Thursday, 30 June 2011

Yesterday

Interesting if hectic day. Woken at 5 with a request to pick up Lydia. No problems Because we didn't have the kids we both went. Picked up the Volvo at 9.30 and we were well on the road by 10.20 we got into Shepard's Bush at 1.30 once we had found her house...damm satnav. picked up a poorly Lyds and turned the car straight around by 2.15. Once we cleared London and Reading traffic on the M4 and boy do I hate London traffic, We were back at Cowbridge by 4.45 not bad considering her appointment was for 5.
London, I've been to and done all the touristy stuff, Buck House, Harrods ect. Once you have done all of that, and apart from the odd spechaist event-like a talk in Threadwells, then I really don't see the attraction of “living in London” Ok if you have to work there like Fred and Lyds, but apart from that its very crowded, horrendously expensive, not that easy to get around, not in a car and not if your with anyone who uses a Wheelchair.
Maybe theres a Kudos to saying “I lived in London” like that old song
#Live in New Youk for a while but leave before it makes you hard,
Live in Los Angeles for a while but leave before it makes you soft.#
Maybe its because we do live close to the Capitol City of Wales, We can experience the benfits and advantages of a Capitol City, without the disadvantages. Like Edinburgh or the Caiptol of the Northwest...Manchester.
The only real advantage I can see is shopping and food.
The tactile experince of shopping, the only thing that is lacking on the internet but balance the tactile experience of being able to handle your handbag/shoes/clothes (which are about the only things I would really want to handle before buying) agaisnt the queing, parking charges, time spent arsing around and its a close run thing as to if its worth it. And besides the Shopping thing, you have places like Selfridges and Harvey Nicks in Trafford Center/Bluewater now.
Same with the food, I've never yet eaten at the Savoy or the Ivy. But I have eaten at the Coed Y Mystr and Oscars, I can make as good as Steak and Chips as you can have in a Aberdeen Angus. And unless you have the money to do that (which at the moment we don't) then again there's very little point.

Then it was steampunk night. Although we didn't have time to do many things, Finish the goggles and dye hair we went and had a fab time, we are makingfriendss, other steampunks/pagans/magicians. Swansea is much more acessable and less cliquey then Cardiff ?
its our mission to get the Cardiff steampunks down for the next steampunk night. There'ss no Steampunk night in Cardiff so they need to see it and maybeorganisee one of their own.
I was awake for 20 hours yesterday, awake at 5am and didn't hit the sack till mmmm 1,30/2ish I thin I will hit the wall with exhaustion later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment