235 posts and counting. The flamewars that were common on the valley have spilled over onto FB.
Feck it i'm not being subtle anymore I am naming names as it were. Yes this is about UKP a forum that we almost lived on for a couple of years, till the "I'm more Pagan educated than you" attitudes, not to mention the sly hypocacsy. Well it hasn't driven us away because we refuse to be bullied but we don't spend any time on there because we have found a better place.
Anyway the subject of Lineage, Hereditary and Paganism came up. Or Family History, Pen posted hers and was immedialty ripped to pieces by the usuall (and some new) subjects. As one person put it "It reads like a bad vampire novel".
Yeah we know.
But sometimes...and I've forgot whoever posted it....Life is stranger than fiction.
Pen's Ancestors do include among the following, A Javanese Princess, A Witch Doctor, A Lion Tamer (Verifiable his name was Victora Schmid, a Indian Prince, A Romany Aunt and two uncles who Owned St Donats Castle and Sold it to William Randolph Hearst...Again a verifable fact.
And dont get we wrong I'm not leaping to her defese here or on the Thread (Which quite frankly I'm bored with now). Pen is big enough and verbose enough to defend herself against a bunch of "Internet Warriors"
The point i'm getting at is, She is a genuine bona fide "Eccentric" who comes from a family of Eccentrics. Her Mother for all her negative qualities instilled in Pen a confidence to do whatever she wanted.
If it wasn't for Pen, I would never have taken then biggest chance of my life, Something that paid off. In less than two monts time we will be getting Married, and doing the Wedding in our own (Eccentric) way. We may be going up agaisnt 3 other weddings on a TV show. And while it will be a hassal and a finacial drain. And the easiest path would be not to appear on TV, I'm actually looking forward and hoping that yes it does happen. Because long after the bills are paid, there will be a story to add to the growing pile of "Mad things that Si and Pen do". And you know what? When Ruby is my age, she will remeber being on TV and tell her children, and when her childrens Granchidren are old enough they can go on the 22'nd Centuries version of the Internet and and argue with others that their Great Grandmother had the first Steampunk Wedding on TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment