Gahhhh!!!
The car broke down yesterday. The plan was to go to Wick beach with Bex and the girls and collect driftwood.
What happen'd was we got as far as St Brides when it started to overheat. No worries I'll just put the heater on and draw the heat out of the engine. Only it didn't it kept on blowing cold..Thats diffrent. The needle kept climbing into the red so I pulled over at the side of the road (I've craked a head on a engine before now, by running it with no coolant in, so i'm a little bit paranoid about it). Open'd the bonnet, and theres no steam or hiss from the rad. So decide to unscrew the cap off the expansion tank. Yes despite Bex's warning not to...But I am a man I know better...
...Course the cap flew off, I scalded my hand and the car yakked up hot brown water all over me :(
We waited by the side of the road for half a hour to let it cool, and being Mr orgainsed I do carry a bottle of water in the boot, Topped up the Rad and set off home.
Now its decision time. "Shortest route, through Town with its sat afternoon traffic jams? Or quietests route through the lanes which is longer but less traffic."
I opted for quitest rouute. Which meant passing the house of a enemy :( Luckily we managed to get passed, but overheated again at the top of the hill leading down into Yewnny. pulled up at side of road, for another 20 minutes, this time in mobile phone reception so was able to let Pen know. Didn't open the rad cap this time. And the car cooled quickly. We made it back all the way home with the heater on full and pulling the excess heat from the engine.
So now its dilemma time.
Do we start to spend money we don't have on the car?
Do we chance it as as One off and carry on?
And theres this part of me that wonders too. After Friday and the strong banishing I did, which did make us feel better. Did I defect any negativity aimed at us onto the car? Or would it have been worse had I not protected and the engine blown up at Wick? Or are the two incedents entrieley unrelated? As Frued said "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"
Whatever it is, we don't need this extra expense at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment