Some good news for a change.
So I've been attending the Health and Wellbeing club at the carers center. And today we concentrated on the mental sides of stress, wellbeing and diet.
I raised the point that in meditation, the human mind and senses are set to receive information so instead of trying to 'Empty your mind.' in a meditation exersise its best to approach it more of a case of 'fill it with something, even if the something is nothing.' Which makes more sense. I used the analogy the mind is like a glass, you can't really empty it, but of you can keep filling it with pure clear water and wash all the dirty water out of it.
And I mentioned my intrest in NLP and Hypnotherapy, How in NLP the words like NO and Don't. Are not recognised by the subconsious mind. So the instuction “I will not smoke” becomes “I will smoke” and the best way to get around that is to overwrite a negative habbit with a good one.
Anyway, In the course of this conversation Davina said that courses were available for carers in the Hypnotherapy field.
Am I looking into going on one?
You bet I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment