Well 3/4 of the family have been ill this week, Pen the worse, Ruby hasn't been herself and me. Well after the emotional rollercoaster of Tue and Wed, I developed a sleeping sickness and spent most of Thursday sleeping (I guess I was superstressed). The only one who hasn't succumbed to this 'Virus' yet is Wills. There is time, he will probably develop it over the weekend.
So why was this week stresfull?
Well first there was MiL, comparing Pen to one of the Aunties....That wen't down like a lead balloon. What happened was Ruby put on her Xmas list that she wanted a pool party at her Aunts, Which was OK'd and then we get a message back saying the pool is out of order and we shouldn't be asking for stuff.
Well WTF! I'm pretty annoyed at this. We pay our way, We don't ask, assume and take the piss, and to be thought of like that is a little bit hurtful.
Plus Ruby was very dissapointed, letting adults down is one thing, letting kids down another thing entirely.
We booked a party at the local swimming baths with fun inflatables.
Thing is that was all Ruby asked for from the family.
She knows she will get F all off her father.
She's been wanting her ears pierced for years and we promised her at age 11, Well next week we are taking her down town and she is having them done. Her pool party is booked and a freind of the family will make her a spectacualr cake.
She dosen't want anything else.
She is getting a phone from us.
She has more than enought clothes, that end up on her bedroom floor.
What she will proably end up with is a load of expensive guilt presesnts off the family, that she didn't ask for and dosen't need, which will end up either broken or piled on the bedroom floor if they are clothes...In short she won't appreciate them.
Ok rant over.
Its not about the money.
Its about letting children down. (Something I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about as I live so far away from my own biological children, and try hard not to let them down, most of the time I manage not to, and If I can manage to from 200 miles away then it should be easier from 10 miles away)
Yes this is only my side of the story, i'm sure the family will have another side to it. But this is my blog and I am sounding off on here.
So why was this week stresfull?
Well first there was MiL, comparing Pen to one of the Aunties....That wen't down like a lead balloon. What happened was Ruby put on her Xmas list that she wanted a pool party at her Aunts, Which was OK'd and then we get a message back saying the pool is out of order and we shouldn't be asking for stuff.
Well WTF! I'm pretty annoyed at this. We pay our way, We don't ask, assume and take the piss, and to be thought of like that is a little bit hurtful.
Plus Ruby was very dissapointed, letting adults down is one thing, letting kids down another thing entirely.
We booked a party at the local swimming baths with fun inflatables.
Thing is that was all Ruby asked for from the family.
She knows she will get F all off her father.
She's been wanting her ears pierced for years and we promised her at age 11, Well next week we are taking her down town and she is having them done. Her pool party is booked and a freind of the family will make her a spectacualr cake.
She dosen't want anything else.
She is getting a phone from us.
She has more than enought clothes, that end up on her bedroom floor.
What she will proably end up with is a load of expensive guilt presesnts off the family, that she didn't ask for and dosen't need, which will end up either broken or piled on the bedroom floor if they are clothes...In short she won't appreciate them.
Ok rant over.
Its not about the money.
Its about letting children down. (Something I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about as I live so far away from my own biological children, and try hard not to let them down, most of the time I manage not to, and If I can manage to from 200 miles away then it should be easier from 10 miles away)
Yes this is only my side of the story, i'm sure the family will have another side to it. But this is my blog and I am sounding off on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment