Sunday, 13 September 2009

Busy Week

Its been a busy week here. First off my Mum and her Partner came down to S/Wales for a few days, We took them out on Tuesday to Cowbridge to meet the Stepford and then to St Donats, we didn't have as much time at St Donats as we would have liked as we had to get back and pick the children up from school.
Then Wed was St Fagins, a place I hadn't been to yet. Like most of the attractions in wales its free entry. Again we just about managed to get around the place and got back to the entrace, where were were the last party served in the cafe.
St Fagins is a really educational and informative place and I will be wanting to go there again-especially at Samhain where they build a "wicker man"
Talking of Samhain we are trying to organise a bit of a event for it, we have invited a few people down, and will squeeze them all into the house, even if it means pitching the small tent in the back garden. :)

Wed was also a good day for clothes, we popped into Ests she had had a sort out and gave us 2 big bags of clothes, I haven't counted but i'm sure I have more than 7 pairs of jeans now, We were talking and its theoretically possible for me to wear a new set of clothes for a fortnight-This is from someone who washes once or twice a day with the washing machine, so that chances of that actually happening are pretty remote! I got given a couple of T-shirts, now I live in T-shirts so any extra are always grealy appreciated, these two are like Zara T-shirts they are almost silky, Same as my Von Duch T-shirt, its about 5 years old and still going strong.

I was talking online to a friend yesterday about this time of year. I've never really celebrated Mabon (23rd sept). Though this year I will. At the moment its a real Indian summer (yesterday I was paddling in the sea and getting sunburned at Southerdown). This time of year is ideal for mentally getting your house in order and putting things to bed, a time for clearing and a time to start new projects.
So this year I will be celebrating Mabon in my own way-Probably a little ritual and gifting some things into the outgoing tide.


And a few final words on Alan Turning.
Gordon Brown has given a posthumous apology to Alan Turning, after a online petition was deliverd to him. Personally I'm quite happy about this, its a recognition that a wrong deed was done and a aopology for it. Yet FFS people aren't happy with this and are picking it apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment