Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Caesars Wife

Theres this phrase I've just come accross Ceasars Wife and Cone of Silence. I must admit I've never heard of them before so its a quick Google Fu to find out out about them.
Well the cone of silence remindes me of something from the Dune books. Caesars Wife is more intrersting, "Even Caesars Wife must be above suspision." I recon its been used slighty out of context but even so its intresting.

I want to tell a quick story here.
About 7 or 8 years ago now. I was still practising Martial Arts. I was a member of a club in the Northwest, and used to train twice a week, on a wed evening and a sun morning. The sun morning sessions took place in another town and we used to car share to get there, and then after two hours training some of us would adjourn to one of the members houses for coffee, as he lived about 3 doors down from the Rooms we were using.
Anyway one Sunday there were about 5 of us sat round a kitchen table and the conversation got around to one of the Ex Members of the club, a person who was a Friend of mine. As what happens when "friends" get together a bit of a bitching session started. Now I listened for a few moments, felt very uncomfortable to hear this stuff about someone who up until a few months ago had been friend to these people.
I stood up and said something along the lines of "I'm not prepared to hear this about someone who's not here to defend himself, and someone who a few months ago was giving lifts and helping you's out." walked out the house and went to the bus stop.
before I got to the bus stop my mobile was ringing. It was my Sifu on the phone asking where I was, I told him and he came out of the house, apologised, I went back in, we all apologised, and a few min's later we went home.
Things were never quite the same after that, It was subtle, but it was different. Till on 05 I left the club due to personal reasons (I was going through a divorce)

No comments:

Post a Comment