...the more they say the same.
SO yesterday I followed a link from FB to another witchy/pagan forum. I didn't join or interact as it was a open forum and I could have a good look around. I was curious because of the Sorita'd Este comments, shes one of my FB freinds, I've never met her in person I probably never will, yet I enjoy follwing her FB profile and updates, from her FB I get the impression she walks the walk as well as talks the talk. She honours the wheel of the year and follows her own path.
Anyway this put me in the mood to have a nosey around UKP-same old same old, the blogs are full of people moaning about how badly their life is going. This I don't understand, these people are supposed to be magicians in one form or another, if your having a shite time then change it. Make a sacrifice, or request to your Goddess and ask for some good fourtue...or else its just what? The protestant work ethic trasferred over to paganism? And the usuall newer members complaining about the cliqueness and being frozen out by big words.
Oh well its not the only pagan forum on the internet.
All of this sounds strangely familiar. I've ranted similarly elsewhere about it. Part of the problem is that while folks want a solution, they don't want to be part of it.
ReplyDeleteA magical working implies a followthrough and a lot of the time, people prefer the easy answer (do nothing, except bitch)until the fear of change becomes less uncomfortable than the discomfort of the current situation.