I suppose over the next few days it will really start to sink in, at the moment fatigue is making things a little distant.
Theres this weird thought going around in my head about now i'm 40 things have become finite, as in you can put a figure on the amount of times I can do something in the future. For instance the weekly ritual of the Monday night steak and chips. Say 50 a year for the next 30 years, means rougly I'll only have another 1500 steak and chip meals. Maybe its because my body has started to twinge and niggle and ache, I ended up at the Docs with a strained stomach muscle last week, before that I did a five mile walk and my left foot ached for two days afterwards. I'm a little out of shape but need to gently get back into a routine of exersise and not throw myself in at the deep end and make myself worse.
Ok so the day of the Wedding arrived. Everyone was up at 7am as we had a rough plan, get a hearty breakfast out of the way before 9am then concentrate on getting ready. After all you can get half a dozen women ready for a wedding in 90 minutes can't you?
Turns out you can, everthing ran like clockwork (including Pen being laced into her corset by Lea and Bex) and we were all dressed and ready to go by 10.30. We handn't botherd with special cars we just took our own and everyone piled in.
We got to the registry office and were met by the Registrar who was excited to see us, sorted out a bit of legal stuff beforehand and had our Photos taken by someone from BBC Online. The ceremony was quick, and we were using our existing handtying rings. It was filmed and photographed all the way through...sorry Bridgend regisity office I know its agaisnt the rules.
Outside there were plenty of photos taken, by everyone wandering around with their Digital Cameras and iPhones. Who needs a professional photographer these days.
Then off to Oscars of Cardiff for the meal, and what a meal, Prawns and crab balls for starter and Salmon fishcakes for main. Followed by being embarrased with a ice cream and waffles dessert for my 40th. I'm sure the pictures of that will appear on FB, and cake and coffee.
We left and back to the house, as a buget mafia, the BMW followed by three small black cars. People started to turn up at 5ish, so we fired up the BBQ and started passing out the Pimms. There was too much food and too much booze, but with house partys you never know its either a feast or a famine.
Gary and Nicci prefomed a small blessing for us, as they were at our Handtying. Which I hope educated and enlightned the Neighbors and non Pagan freinds and family who where there.
I was still stuffed from the Oscars meal so managed to slowly sip a glass of Pimms and have a bowlfull of Seans very hot curry. And there's the usuall trying to run around being the good host to eveyone, even though the party did sort of split into groups as they always do.
People came and went and my 10.30 it had quieted down. We were in bed by half 12 absoultley knakerd.
No comments:
Post a Comment