Friday morning did not start well, at 8am there was a phone call from M to say MiL was in hospital, cue a little bit of panic stations. We were on our way to pick up the Golf when Pens phone rang and it was MiL saying she had been released, and the Doctors could'nt find a reason for what had happend. So panic stations over but now a little bit of worry around that situation.
I picked up the keys for the Golf from BiL's house where one of the hangers on had a bit of a dig-nothing major but I think maybe its time for a little bit of Pro Active Karma where that crowd are concerned.
I had planned to set off mid morning so I could squeeze in a visit to see G and his Mancave, But with everthing going on didn't leave till 13:20 which wasn't a problem till I reached the m5/m6 junction at Brum, and the usuall standing traffic. Even with the 4 lanes being open and the tempoary speed restrictions its still a bottleneck. I got off the M6 at j18 and went cross sountry through cheshire and into Mcr following the satnav and only making one wrong turn right at the very end of the journey to find the Mancave. which is actually rather nice and tidy...not just mantidy too, G has a mysterious lady on the go and was 'entertaining'. His ex is giving him a hard time...no suprises there. After showing off his super duper 3D TV and watching a bit of Avatar in active 3D, which is much better than the cenimas current passive 3D system I had to shoot off and head up to Rochdale.
The satnav of course took me all the way up through Broadway, one of the roads I dislike, 40mph and loads of stop start with the traffic lights, I'm sure its faster to hop onto the M60/M62 and go round Mcr instead of through it.
I got to Mums just beofre 8 which wasn't bad going and we sat up way past their bedtime, Poor Geoff was yawning away. And I fell asleep straight away, but did wake up a few times in the night....its never the same as your own bed. I woke up early, and beat Mum and Geoff downstairs, for the first time. They tend to get up and go to bed with the sun, so in the winter they have short days.
I'm quite taken aback and humbled as Geoff gave me a shaving pot which belonged to his grandfather, and a Gillete Safety Razor which was his fathers and is 62 years old. I shan't be using the razor, but will research it, keep the details with the razor and keep it in a safe place. Mum also showed me a Photograph of her Great Grandparents, its a photograph that's been printed onto a tin backing a really fascinating peice of family history.
I left Rochdale and got down to Winsford for 12, where only C was awake! She went and woke the boys up, while I made 'polite' conversation with the ex in laws. I had a idea of taking the kids round the Trafford Center, because its undercover and its somewhere we hadn't been for a while and to be honest I was tired of taking them round Cheshire Oaks. The TC.....OH Lordy. We almost turned around to do something else, I would have parked in Mcr and walked around the city center but we found a parking space at the last minute. I've never seen the place so busy. We walked all the way to John Lewis, then I rememberd I had forgotten the money...Doh! So we had to trapise back throug the rain to the car, get the spends and back again.
In all honesty we only did about 1/3 of the center, we stopped for a rather nice Black Forest Hot chocolate (or hot chocolate with cream and a cherry sauce topping) at Costa. went round the Sports shops for J & K to see the trainers, the Dismal store for C, who even she admitted it was crap. Up to HMV for K to buy his special headphones for his phone and then onto the Lego store. Back to the foodcourt we decided on a Harry Ramsdems for tea, not a bad price and the fish was lovley but the chips were all bitty-ok if like the hardies and the eyes but not if you like proper chips and K didn't like the batter the fish came in...fussy sod. (K had a real shiner where J hit him...they are both calling it Brotherly Love).
The TC were putting annoucments out over the tannoy asking people not to leave the center because of the traffic jams...and they were right. It was like leaving a concert, it took us 2 hours to get to the Mancave, and most of that was getting out of the carpark. We were going to open the xmas presents at G's but opend them in the car to kill some time, they were all pleased with our choices of present for them.
Its a funny thing, I drink Tea when I'm in the north and coffee when I'm home. Parlty because its a change and partly because theres never any coffee at G's.
I had to charge my phone up at G's or else I would have had to sit in the services, piggy backing my phone off the laptop, but luckily I managed to get enough charge into my phone for the trip home, arriving home at 3am, knakerd, after stopping for a quick break at Strensham Services and Monmouth layby.
Todays plan is to clean the house....I don't have any plans for tonight, apart from a drink and seeing the new year in with maybe a quiet ritual but I don't want to see the new year in in a messy house-TBH its not that bad, just the kitchen needs doing and a quick hoover and mop the floors.
No comments:
Post a Comment