Sunday, 2 September 2012

41


So this week was my 41st Birthday. Maybe time to review the past year?
Well on the positive side, I'm lighter, fitter, healther than I was when I was 40-I look back at my wedding photos and think to myself 'I'm a bit out of shape on those.' Its not just the weight loss though, I can cycle to cowbridge and back a round trip of 14-18 miles with ease and with the Yoga its increased my flexibility as proved my me go on the Bucking Bronco ride at Lyds 21st where I manged 108 seconds on the ride (could have probably done more but was getting bored). As opposed to strugging through 40 something seconds 3 years ago at Lyds 18th. I still have a ways to go and recently through the month of august have slipped a little as usual. Back to september and back into a routine though.

So on Thursday as part of our activity week-Danyrogof Caves, Center for Alternative Technolgy, we all toddled off to Glastonbury, Stopping at the Lazy Geko for Lunch. Probably for the last time as the prices have crept up and there is no shortage of vegitarian restaraunts in Glasto, £8.20 for a admittedly very nice Burger with a handful of chips and salad almost beats the £6 we paid for a burger with a dollop of potato salad in Chepstow.
Into Glasto for the shops and Hmmmmmm? Starchild was ok we picked up a couple of jars of incense (Unicorn and Kali) and some cheap charcoal disks. The gem and crystal shops had some nice Geodes to look at but way our of our price range at the moment. I had a nice long browse around the 2 bookshops but couldn't find anything worth reading and came away with a book on Iyenga Yoga. The rest of the shops were...well basicaly full of cheap or overpriced tat.
We will still go and make our yearly pilgramage to Glasto, living so relativley close it would be daft not too. But I think (especaly after yesterday) that it will be more as a participant than as a shopper.

Ahhh yes yesterday, my first meeting with a couple of members of Taimon OTO, we got on well. Meeting at 'The Plan' in Cardiff-and I forgot it was Mardi Gras, a nice chat witl Ian and Elise shooting the breeze about alsorts. Its time to get back on the hobbyhorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment