I'm seeing the actions of one of the Norse Gods in recent events.
Thinking about it who is renowned for starting trouble and then wandering off, or even sitting on the sofa eating popcorn and watching it?
Who like to crash celebrations like Birthdays and Party's and cause mischief?
But the clincher of it for me has been the actions of certain individuals who follow the Heathen Path. You see IMHO they haven't acted in a particular honourable manner* and as I understood it, Concepts like Loyalty, Honesty, Oaths and Honourable behavior are very important to Heathens. Because if you take those concepts and ideals out of Heathery then what are you left with? The costumes and the drinking?
Its easy to declare yourself part of a system if you can surround yourself with the trappings of said system, whether they be Wands, Robes, Drinking Horns, Pentagrams, Thors Hammer, Chaostars, Bessoms or Acolytes. Its a lot harder to practice said system without them. When I came into CM my teacher at the time, taught me that the Wands and robes were superficial trappings so I learnt my CM without them. Now I don't know if this makes me somehow a "better" CM than someone who has a £300 ebay copy of Crowleys Exquinox and a £200 robe. That's up for those that have met me and know me to decide for themselves.
*I came into Ceremonial Magic at a time in my life when I was winding up 15 years of Martial Arts, I had studied and been involved in a System of Kung Fu and had eventually reached the point were I couldn't learn anymore from the system (and that included teaching the Art to others), but certain things were instilled into me. A version of the Code of Bushido. I approached my path as a CM with this code and incorporated it into my Magical Practices. But that's just me.
Yes there is stuff going on. I have been asked to let somone else deal with it and I will.
At the moment, to use a millitary saying "No names, no packdrill."
No comments:
Post a Comment