So Pens Aunt Shirley is over from Barcelona and Est decided to throw a BBQ for her. We made a Bara Brith loaf and a Welshcake cheesecake.
Est phoned and asked if we could bring some Bread Rolls and Lemonade, I nipped down to Asda and spend the last £4 we had on it. Then used the spare 5liter petrol cannister we have to put fuel into the car, Only the guage didn't even move :( So we made our way to Est's very carefully.
People arrived and our car ended up being blocked in.
The main course of the BBQ done and dusted we setted down to Dessert. Only Est came out looking very sheepish, Apparnetly Alfie the dog had got into the front room and scoffed the Welshcake Cheesecake.
I kinda accepted this, because Alife is a chocolate lab and a phenominal food thief. Only Pen wasn't so sure and reconed the Cheesecake had been sabotaged, either thrown on the floor or moved to the edge of the table and Alfie encouraged to get at it.
It was difficult for me to belive this. But after watching the behavior of the Aunts, I actually can :( at which point its all "Mean Girls" type behavior.
Then again their behavior paled into comparioson to Mike's. It's been the same every year, around my Birthday he tends to go off on one, I know he's a manic depressive but he also drinks, and at his age he should really know better, he did it to wind Lorraine up and make her jealous, flirting with her own Sister! how twisted is that, thing is Nora encourages and plays up to it.
So the evening wound down and for convinience's sake Est offered us the Volvo which we happily accepted.
I offerd Mike a lift home, Lorraine said yes, Mike gave a curt No thanks. Ok fair enough but we ended up follwing them, the stuipd sod couldn't give way and move across the road to let another driver pass. Cue them swapping drivers.
Pen phoned her Mum, Who was upset.
Next day was Monday, We both went down to pick the kids up, as we wanted a Word. Mike was very quiet and contrite, Agreeing with everthing we said and wondering aloud how the Aunts can be like that...when he has been told for years exaclty how they are.
I'm undecided about it at the moment, he's being quiet at the moment but its only a matter of time before it all kicks off again.
Sorry if this a gossipy type post. I need to get it down for posterity.
I don't have the mental toolkit to deal with all the backstabbing and bitchiness, Maybe because I had a brother and no sisters. I just can't imagine sabotaging someone else's work like that...I also can't imagine the karmic kickback that will happen when a muggle deliberatley destroys something a Witch and Magician worked on together.
Oh just checked, I've been blocked by someone on FB, SO I've deleted them, Now they can bitch about me all they like.
Oh lordy it continues, 2 phone calls today (wed) from Victoria. Even though she dosen't speak to us and is frit of us, we get these funny phone calls where "She leans on her phone". Y'know one of those 21'C Mobiles that dosen't lock. 2 in quick sucession today the first one where she was screaming at her daughter trying to set the satnav in their car...the 2nd a continuation. FFS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment