I'm on a huge Graham Hancock kick at the moment. Since youtube made it possible to watch videos of more than 10 minutes in lengh, there are a few hour plus films of GH on there, and I'm working through them.
He talks a lot of sense. Not just about his 'Species with Amnesia' but also about Asyscha and the criminalisation of the spiritual quest. Not that I'm advoocating drugs. I'm advoatating responsibility.
On the subject of our Aichent past, Does it really matter if the Sphinx is 3000 or 13,000 or even 30,000 years old. Does it matter if the Pyramids are used as tourist attractions and all wrapped up in a nice easy to swallow Buerial tomb history package instead of the Professors of History throwing up their hands and saying 'We don't know.'
For most people probaly not. In school we are taught that History begins with the Romans. And thats enough for them.
But for some of us.
Well first of all we don't like to be lied to simple as that. We see people who have carved themselves out careers, who present themselves as experts on a foundation of lies. And through their own Ego's propagate the distorted history.
But you know, there are backstabbers and Arseholes in every chosen career. Why should we get any more enraged by Historians lying to us than by Politicians lying to us? After all the damage done to our lives by a self serving Politician has a more immediate impact on us.
But to me its more that that, I need to know. I need to feel 'grounded'. My mental cartography of the country in which I live in and my place in the world I inhabit is formed by a sense of knowing where I am. I cannot advance If I cannot look back clearly.
And of course we must have 'Faith'. We must have faith in that our Politicians know what they are doing, we must have faith in our Bankers, and we must have faith in our Teachers, to teach our children.
A admission of 'Opps, we were wrong.' would shake the preacaroius balance...paradoxicaly its the fact that the foundations are based on lies and misinformation which makes the balace so precaroius.
No comments:
Post a Comment